Different design patterns can be found on the capes of different Gali sub-breeds (in addition to the obvious variation in color and mask designs). The design pattern is usually a stylized Aztec weaving of the sub-breed. For example, Pixel (Gali/Pixie) sports the design of two Pixies, with pointed tails and wings.The Gali is also know for its aegis, a large collared cape worn in ancient time to display the protection provided by a high religious authority. Because of this and the sun shape of the mask, the Gali is a general symbol of divinity with multitudes of cultural influences. Using Gali sub-breed will usually give the primary monsters this trait and as a result, the monsters often appear "holy" or "angelic". Gali as a sub-breed often provides a boost in intelligence as well.
Although Gali's appearance is similar to the Joker monsters, it is only glancing--they are inclined towards virtue and good, whereas the Joker is pure evil. This is ironicly exploited in the anime series, where Gali is one of Moo's Big Bad Four and Joker was one of his best assasins. Once his servants were defeated in Episode 21: The Mocchi Cannon, the Searchers finally found his castle in the desert. He told them that they didn't need to fight because he was outnumbered, and gave them food. When their guards were down, he summoned the Sandys, and drained the team's energy by using his "Gali Finale" attack. Only Mocchi escaped, and after avoiding the traps in Gali's castle, came back to beat him in a battle. Mocchi learns his new "Mocchi Cannon" attack, and blows Gali up, destroying the castle in the process.
In Season 3, Gali has been resurrected by the Phoenix as a good guy, although he is convinced to team up with General Durahan when Poison asks him. He enters a tournament partnered with a Sandy, whom Mocchi defeats. Gali fights Naga (who is now also a purified monster) and gains the advantage, until Suezo sends Naga his energy, allowing him to win the match. Afterward, Gali saves the group from one of Poison's ambushes, proving that he really is good after all.
- Gali Strike: Shoots an energy wave. Renamed Solar Strike in Season 3.
- Gali Punch: Punches enemy with an energy fist. Renamed Solar Knuckle in Season 3.
- Gali Finale: Drains energy from the victim.
- Gali Press: Creates a big hand which uses to press enemies against the ground (intended for bigger enemies like Golem)
- Wall of Fire: Creates a wall of fire to protect himself from attacks. Identical to Pixie's Flame Wall.
- Spin Cutter: Takes off his mask and throws it at the enemy like a Frisbee.
- Gali Hurricane: Turns into a tornado with eyes and a mouth, unleashing a devastating hurricane with the potential to destroy anything near.
- Gali is the only one of the Big Bad Four who gets a death scene that was not skipped on the Fox channel.
- Gali's attacks "Gali Punch" and "Gali Strike" are renamed "Solar Knuckle" and "Solar Strike" in Season 3.