For the main character, see Mocchi (anime).
Mocchi is a monster that resembles mochi, the Japanese sweetcake made of pounded rice. It has soft milky skin and a shell-like row of scales on its back. It's an extremely popular monster that first appears in Monster Rancher 2 and then every game after it. Even though Suezo was the "mascot" of the series at first, more attention has been placed on Mocchi since the anime series aired. Mocchi is one of the main characters in the series and grows from an infant to an exprienced fighter.
A few of their attacks involve powerful storms of cherry blossom petals and gusts of wind, and some types of Mocchi can expell powerful energy beams from their mouths. They can also roll into a ball and bounce around like crazy.
NOTE: Technically, no sub-Breeds can be created through combining in Monster Farm Online or Monster Farm Lagoon, but based on colors and attributes, educated guesses were presented on some of the sub-species for clarity
- Other monsters have similar names
- Mocchi Press- turns enormous and pounds the enemy flat
- Stretch- stretches its face and shrieks
- Rolling attack/Kororon- turns into a ball and rolls into the enemy
- Mocchi Beam/Cannon- fires a powerful beam from its mouth
- Petal Whirl/Cherry Blossom Blizzard- catches the enemy in a whirlwind of cherry blossom petals
- Hip Drop